Searching for help with ant control? We see ants as rather harmless most of the time and additionally they play a vital role in the eco-system by consuming dead animals and rotting plant material – but once they outwear their welcome by invading your space or destroying your property, it may be time to speak to a professional about ant management.
You’ll discover that there are numerous species of ants and, even though most share similarities in relation to their life style and communication strategies, some species have distinctive preferences when it comes to food, have differing levels of aggression, and slightly unique nesting habits. Various species can become a problem for the household occupants, and that’s when it becomes essential to arrange a professional ant control treatment.
Here are a number of the challenges that ants create for the Sydney, Blackheath, Hazelbrook, Baxland, Bulabura, Faulcorbridge, Glenbrook, Hawkesbury Heights, Winmalee house owner or occupant:
- In the outdoor region, ants often construct tunnels beneath pavers. Because of this, they eliminate the sand from the pavers, and make hollow tunnels beneath them. When this happens, it can cause some pavers to begin sinking and the region becomes uneven. Indicators of this happening are little piles of sand on the pavers.
- Ants inside the garden can cause several challenges but one that many gardeners might not know about is that ants eat the sweet residue that aphids leave behind on your plants. Because that is their food source, they defend the aphids from other enemies in the garden – for those who have an issue with aphids, it’s attainable that your garden ant population are making matters worse.
- Ants can cause a problem for the vegetable gardener as well by stealing newly planted seeds.
- When ants have decided that your pantry or kitchen is a superb source of food, it can be tricky to convince them otherwise. It’s never just a matter of some ants either – ants leave a chemical trail (pheromones) after they’ve located a food supply, so hundreds of ants from their colony might arrive to help carry the purchasing property!
- Some of the greater species of ants bite and that can become a serious problem when you have little kids who need to be able to play outdoors.
- Carpenter ants can damage wood on your property. Some property owners mistake them for termites, but Carpenter ants do not in fact eat the wood – they just excavate it to make way for their tunnels.
There probably are not many Sydney, Blackheath, Hazelbrook, Baxland, Bulabura, Faulcorbridge, Glenbrook, Hawkesbury Heights, Winmalee residents who haven’t had to deal with an invasion of ants at some stage – whether or not they’re consuming the vegetable garden, tunnelling below the paved entertaining region, invading the kitchen pantry in search of food, or biting the children when they play outdoors.
If you’ve recently attempted to remove ants by applying a retailer purchased ant dust, you may have made the conclusion that it’s not always as easy as they make you believed. Experienced ant manage is often necessary to deal with large colonies. In the event you need help in getting rid of a colony of ants from your residence or business premises, you can get in touch with us to discuss the problem at 0414 267 273.